HOW-TO-GUIDE: USE ASSESSIO WITH VARBI
Are you ready to start using Assessios assessments through Varbi? You are just a few steps away! Please follow this guide to get started. If you have any trouble or questions at all, do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Let’s go!
1. Create ”project templates” in Ascend. Instructions will follow in this presentation but you can also book an hour with a consultant to help build a good competency profile. A project-template need to follow certain criteria in order to work via Varbi:
A. Competency-based (one profile)
B. Unified assessment process
C. More than one test
2. An e-mail sent from you to our email@example.com with a written request that we should add your organization in Varbi
3. Either you as client or us at Assessio support needs to contact Varbi and ask them to to provide our support firstname.lastname@example.org with a ”API key” for your account and then your project templates will then be available as ”Triggers” in Varbi.
1. Create a template in Ascend
Log into Ascend and click on ”Project template”
Select which kind of tools you want to match the candidate to in the template. If you need a competency match score + tests you choose the ”Competency based job fit”. The rest of this guide focuses mainly on this option. You can create templates with the other options as well, they will then contain only the test tools. Then press ”Next”.
2. Create a new profile
3. Create a template with ”Competency based job fit”
After you´ve chosen the competency based job fit in the step above, and pressed next, you get the following options. Choose which tests you wish to match to your competency profile, and press next. All these options are possible to use in the template. We warmly recommend Matrigma adaptive version + MAP for most selection processes.
When you choose your competency profile, you can either create a new profile or a previous created profile.
4. Choose a profile that you’ve created previously
If you wish to use a competency profile that you’ve created previously (maybe you have saved this profile or just used in in another project), you click Custom profiles and choose your profile from the list.
5. Create a new competency profile
If you instead wish to create a new competency profile you press the button, which will allow you to continue into the competency wizard tool.
6. Name your project template + options
The project name is the name that you will see in the ReachMee integration. We suggest that you choose a name that clearly states the content of the template.
In this step you will also need to choose some options. Recommended options are preselected, but some of them can be changed if you wish to by clicking the check boxes.
7. Check your options in the summary
You will be shown a summary of your template. If you wish to make changes, click on Previous. Otherwise click on Create template.
- All templates that you create can be selected in Varbi (rename them so you know what the profiles are)
- You enable Assessment in a process by adding Assessio as a trigger to a job
- In Varbi you will see the match score and competency report for the candidates
- When you create a project with an Ascend template in Varbi, Ascend creates a twin project with the same ID as in Varbi. You can enter the Ascend twin project and open, for example, the MAP and MAP-X reports, or view the candidates in Visual Analytics, or match them against other criteria.
1. Create Project Templates in Varbi
The customer creates the projects they want to be able to use in Varbi. This is done in
Ascend's interface and with the help of Assessio's expertise. Importantly, mark the created
projects as templates by ticking "Enable use as project template" in Ascend.
With the current connection, you can only use Competency profiles from Ascend, with the
combination of MAP and Matrigma. Remember to check the box for Unified assessment
process. Individual tests can NOT be sent out at present.
2. Create Connections in Varbi
To make the created project templates available for recruitment cases in Varbi, go to
Admin-> Settings-> Ascend. There, you create links between the projects in Ascend and
organizational levels in Varbi. You can either choose to have an Ascend project available to
the entire organization, or to one or more departments.
You also choose which test process to apply: automatic to all applicants, automatic to
qualified, or manual to selected candidates.
If desired, you can also choose whether a competency report on the candidate's results
should be available in Varbi for anyone with access to the recruitment case.
3. Message Templates
The message sent to the candidate for the various test processes is governed by message
templates. These are edited as usual by going to Admin-> Message Templates and selecting
the right template on the left under "Templates for automatic communication". There are also
links to these templates directly in the Ascend Settings view in Admin.
4. Recruitment Cases
If Ascend is enabled for a customer and there are projects available for the case, then the
"Select Ascend project" section will appear in the edit mode for the advert.
In order for a project to be selectable in the edit mode, it must either be linked to "the whole
organization" or to a department that is above the department to which the recruitment
case is linked in the organizational tree.
5. Automatic Testing Processes
If the case is set up with an automatic testing process, then the candidate will automatically
be requested to do the test as soon as they have submitted their application.
When the candidate clicks on “Submit the application”, they come to an intermediate page
with information that there are one or more tests linked to the application, as well as a
button that takes the candidate to the test when you click on it. An email is also sent to the
candidate with the content of the message template (described above).
The initial candidate status will be “Test Sent” instead of “New”.
For the test process "Automatic for all applicants", this behaviour will apply to all applicants
for the vacancy. For "Automatic (qualified only)", only those who answered the qualification
questions will be given the opportunity to do tests. Unqualified candidates are sent to their
profile instead and receive a confirmation e-mail about the submitted application as usual.
6. Manual Testing Process
If the case is set up with an Ascend project and a manual test process, then a button will appear
in the candidate list.
You select which candidates you want to send tests to and then you get a box where you can
write your message. This is pre-filled with the contents of the message template for the manual
7. Test Results and Reports
After the candidate has completed the tests, a signal is sent from Ascend to Varbi and then Varbi retrieves and saves the candidate's results.
Currently, only results in the form of a match percentage against a competency profile are
supported. This result is displayed as a column in the application list.
After the candidate has completed the tests, you also see the button "Test results" where there
is a little more detailed information about the candidate's test, and the opportunity to create a
competency report if this was activated for the project when you linked it in Admin.