HOW-TO-GUIDE: USE ASSESSIO WITH GREENHOUSE
Are you ready to start using Assessios assessments through Greenhouse? You are just a few steps away! Please follow this guide to get started. If you have any trouble or questions at all, do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please see this video about how to use Assessio with Greenhouse before you jump into the guide below:
The integration with Greenhouse supports the use of seamless multi-step competency profile-based - or single-step optionally competency profile-based - project templates
A project template for Greenhouse must be either a seamless multi-step competency-based project or single-step optionally competency-based project, with the following supported assessment types (Oct 2020):
1. Create ”project templates” in Ascend. Instructions will follow in this presentation but you can also book an hour with a consultant to help build a good competency profile. A project-template need to follow certain criteria in order to work via Greenhouse:
A. Competency-based (one profile)
B. Unified assessment process
C. More than one test
2. An e-mail sent from you to our email@example.com with a written request that we should add your organization in Greenhouse
3. Either you as client or us at Assessio support needs to contact Greenhouse and ask them to to provide our support firstname.lastname@example.org with a ”API key” for your account and then your project templates will then be available as ”Triggers” in Greenhouse.
1. Create a template in Ascend
Log in and click on ”Competency-based”
Create a new profile or choose a previously created profile
The profile you choose will determine the criteria that the candidate will match against
2. Create a new profile
3. Choose a previously created profile
4. Give the ”project template” a name.
The name of the project is the one that you will see in Greenhouse later on
5. Choose MAP and Matrigma
It’s important that you use both MAP and Matrigma in order for a result to be generated in Greenhouse
It’s important that you click on the box ”Unified assessment process”, then click on ”Next”
6. Click on ”Create project”
7. Go to the project site and click on ”Edit this project”
8. Click on the box ”Enable use as a project template”
9. Then click on ”Update project”
- All templates that you create can be selected in Greenhouse (rename them so you know what the profiles are)
- You enable Assessment in a process by adding Assessio as a trigger to a job
- In Greenhouse you will see the match score and competency report for the candidates
- Ascend creates a twin project with the same ID as in Greenhouse so you can go in and see the MAP and MAP-X report as well as looking at the candidates in Visuals and match them against other criteria.
Assessio Helps Your Organization Succeed
Whether you are finding the right candidate, developing internal talent, building high performance teams or creating functional management, we can help you. Tools and tests in our Ascend platform are based on the latest scientific research, helping you build a successful organization with zero talent waste.
Greenhouse Recruiting's integration with Assessio allows you to seamlessly add assessments from the Ascend platform to a job's interview plan. In this article, we will cover how to:
- Enable the Greenhouse/Assessio Integration
- Add Assessio Stage to Job’s Interview Plan
- Configure the Assessio Stage
- Send and Review the Test
Enable the Greenhouse/Assessio Integration
To start, you need to log in to Ascend using an account with organization admin privileges and create a new API key (aka API token) in Settings > Security tab.
Once you have created an API key, click here to open a ticket with Greenhouse.
Note: Do not send the API key in this initial email. API Keys allow access to sensitive data and must be kept secret. If an API Key is shared in an email and your email is intercepted by a malicious third party or your email account is hacked, the hacker would be able to view and access your API Key. For this reason, we require API Keys to be shared securely using SendSafely, Greenhouse’s secure data transfer platform.
The Greenhouse Support Team will respond with a SendSafely link for you to enter your API key. A notification will be sent to the Greenhouse Support Team after you have entered your API key and they will email you to confirm that your API key has been set up in your account and your integration is enabled.
Add Assessio Stage to Job’s Interview Plan
Once the Greenhouse/Assessio integration is enabled for your organization, you will be able to add the Assessio assessment as an Interview stage.
To do this for an existing job, navigate to a job (All Jobs>Job Name) and click Job Setup from the Job navigation bar.
From the Job Setup page, navigate to Interview Plan on the left-hand panel. Scroll down the page and click + Add a Stage.
From the Add Stage dialog box, select the Assessio stage. When finished, click Add to apply the stage to the job's interview plan.
Configure Assessio Stage
Once the stage has been added to the job's interview plan, click Edit. Use the provided drop-down menu to choose assessments (aka project templates) that you have previously set up in the Ascend platform.
Select the appropriate assessment and assign at least one Greenhouse user to grade/review submitted assessments. When finished, click Save.
Note: Keep in the mind that all configuration of the assessment itself, as well as the email template, will need to be done in Ascend.
Send and Review the Test
When candidates are moved into the Assessio interview stage, Greenhouse will display a Send Test link.
Note: When you send a test from Greenhouse, the interview instructions are actually sent by Assessio.
The status of the assessment will be viewable in Greenhouse.
Once the candidate has submitted their test, the Interview Kit will contain a link to view the test result.
After you click on the Interview Kit on the candidate’s profile, you’ll be taken to a page where the URL is available to view and download the PDF report from Ascend.
As a customer of Assessio, you should always be able to get answers to your questions - regardless of whether they concern the interpretation of a test result or assistance for integration with our system.
In order for you to be able to get the right service, we are available every weekday at 08.30–16.00 on telephone +46 877 509 10 in Sweden and +47 22 12 80 40 in Norway, and work continuously to answer inquiries to our support email email@example.com in Sweden and firstname.lastname@example.org in Norway.